Results of Interviews held for the post of Scientist 1 & 2, Lab Technician and Lab Assistant/DEO has been announced. click here.
Government of India, via its medical research wing ‘the Indian Council of Medical Research’ (ICMR) with administrative guidance from “Department of Health Research” decided to create a dedicated infrastructure for research primarily at Government Medical Colleges with special focus on Non-Communicable Diseases, during its 12th plan.
80 of such infrastructures, aptly named as “Multi-disciplinary Research Unit” i.e. MRUs, are already in various stages of functioning; while few more, like the Multi-disciplinary Research Unit at Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed Medical College (MRU-FAAMC),
Barpeta is/are currently under process of establishment.
Main Objectives of this “Setting up of MRU scheme”
- Encourage and strengthen an environment of research in medical colleges.
- Bridge the gap in the infrastructure which inhibits health research in the Medical Colleges by assistingthem to establish multidisciplinary research facilities with a view to improve the health research andhealth services
- To ensure the geographical spread of health research infrastructure, in order to cover unserved and underserved Medical Colleges and other institutions
- To improve the overall health status of the population by creating evidence-based application ofdiagnostic procedures/processes/methods.
- Project sanctioned at F A A Medical College, Barpeta vide letter no. DHR/ADC/73/Assam/2013 dated 20/3/2014
- Currently at an advance stage of establishment under able guidance and direction from respected Principal cum Chief Superintendent of FAA Medical College, Barpeta Prof (Dr) B P Chakravarty and other senior faculty members.